Program Supervisor - Anatoly Moroz, Head of the Banking Department, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Honored Worker of Science of Ukraine.
The Master's Program 8508 / 2-1 "Bank Management"
The purpose of the Master's Program - to train highly qualified professionals to perform the functions of a manager, a top bank manager in the field of process management in key areas of banking: banking and other financial operations and services; risk management system; financial monitoring; budgeting and controlling; Internet banking; ensuring financial stability.
Significant features of the Master's Program:
1) the opportunity to receive two qualifications:
• qualified economist with the following employment in different credit institutions (banks and non-bank credit institutions), the National Bank;
• qualified property appraiser with employment in estimating companies;
2) the possibility to get two certificates about acquired education:
• Master's degree;
• Qualification certificate of an appraiser;
3) the possibility to be trained for the specific discipline "Evaluation of bank loans mortgage."
According to the curriculum, students study:
Compulsory Sciences: Global Economy; Innovative development of the company; Financial management in the bank; Credit Management; Project financing; Social Responsibility; Banking regulation and supervision; The methodology of scientific research.
Special Training Courses:
Optional - in the first semester (2 out of 4): 1.Crisis management in the bank; 2. Appraisal of bank loans mortgage; 3.International calculations and currency transactions; 4.Information ensurance of financial institutions.
Optional - in the second semester (4 out of 6): 1.Budgeting and controlling in the bank; 2.Banking risks management; 3.Value of the bank management; 4.Currency regulation and control; 5.Portfolio investment; Venture funding.
Tasks of the Master's Program:
• formation of the holistic vision of the bank’s strategy by studying the tools and methods of strategic and operational planning in the bank;
• formation in students systematic approach to determining the marketing strategy of the bank and its implementation;
• providing theoretical knowledge and practical skills while implementing bank monitoring during the process of crediting and minimizing the costs associated with banking activities;
• familiarize students with the essence, objectives and theoretical principles of project financing;
• formation in students the system of theoretical and applied knowledge in the field of personnel management in organizations with different forms of ownership, that operate in the economy of Ukraine;
• mastering general requirements and regulations of the banking supervision system in Ukraine by future specialists, acquiring skills of immediate response to changes in the legal and regulatory framework in the field of banking regulation as well as the skills of remote monitoring and inspection of banks, preparation and provision of financial statements;
• mastering of basic methods of banking risk management and acquiring skills of their practical implementation in banking;
• formation of holistic vision of the peculiarities of international payments and their implementation by the banks of Ukraine within the framework of existing international standards;
• acquisition of theoretical knowledge and practical skills in currency transactions performed by the banks of Ukraine (transactions with foreign currency and precious metals);
• mastering the basic techniques of assessment of collateral for bank loans and acquiring practical skills to ensure effective choice for certain types of loans.
List of professional knowledge and skills after mastering this program (within the specialized object of professional activities):
To analyze the activity of banks, their competitive position in the banking market.
Forming strategic plan and business plan of the bank development; effective credit, deposit, dividend, investment policy of the bank; optimal structure of total capital; vast amount of statistical and operational banking information.
To study and assess the financial position of banks; indicators of financial market and banking market; resource potential of the bank; financial instruments; investment projects; creditworthiness of borrowers; suitability and liquidity of assets, property to secure loans and prepare relevant analytical reports.
To conduct inspections of banks; intra audits; monitoring of deposit, credit, commissions, brokerage operations of the bank; statistical studies of indicators of financial market and banking market.
To develop performance evaluation of banks and their clients; strategy for economic and social bank development; proposals to improve the legal acts regulating activities of banks; proposals for drawing up and balancing of the balance of payments, amendments for laws and regulations in the field of monetary economics, public policy in the field of monetary relations; measures to maintain the stability of the national currency, maintaining the stability and reliability of the banking system, efficiency of the national payment system.
To predict the need of the bank in cash; the need and sources of attracting the resources of the bank; costs of liabilities operations and profitability of assets operations; the dynamics of financial markets; the development of banking products.
To organize the work of banks with cash; credit, deposit and investment banking; auditing in the bank; the work of subsidiaries, branches and structural subdivisions of the bank; work of payment system.
To coordinate the activities of subsidiaries, branches and departments.
To manage the bank's dividend policy; activities of structural units of the bank; bank staff; efficiency of bank operations; credit, investment, deposit portfolio of the bank; risk, liquidity, profitability and financial state of the bank.
To monitor compliance with the requirements of the central bank on bank operations; implementation of strategic and business plan of the bank; credit, deposit, dividend and investment policies; compliance with optimal structure of total capital of the bank.
Effectively use modern banking information technologies; maintain a database of assets and liabilities and their clients; database of banking transactions monitoring and banking market.
To improve the management system and organizational structure of the bank.
Training under Master’s Program and professional training for bank management is provided:
• attracting highly qualified faculty teaching staff;
• use of new educational technologies;
• use of flexible forms of education, individual approach to students, the possibility of combining training with research work while writing the Master's diploma papers under the guidance of highly qualified teachers in the Department of Banking and leading economists - experts in banking (employees of the National Bank and commercial banks);
• production and undergraduate practice in commercial banks;
• conduct of individual counseling sessions, problem lectures on the sciences and disciplines, interdisciplinary training in the premises of the training bank of the Credit-economic Department, students’s participation in scientific conferences on topical issues of further development of banking management.
Graduates of the program may occupy the following positions:
• The Economist (Chief Economist) at the Bank;
• The Economist (Chief Economist) at the National Bank units;
• Manager (Head) of the bank unit;
• Financial analyst, engineer;
• Head of branches, representative offices;
• Real estate appraiser;
• Researcher, teacher.
Download the teaching complex in the Master's Degree Program "Banking Management"
Last redaction: 04.10.16